Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP!




Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP! | Anakin And His Angel

Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP! | Anakin And His Angel

I was introduced to Funko POP! in 2012 when I received my first figure, Darth Vader, as a gift from my mom. Ever since I developed a love for Star Wars I've collected a myriad of different products, but I was unfamiliar with this line of figures and how much of a collectible they were until I went to the D23 Expo in 2013. I was then made aware of how many different figures there were and that Funko would continue to develop new characters for multiple series within each fandom. Needless to say, I picked up a few more and I have continued to collect all kinds of Pops since then. I really love how cute these figures are and the detail that goes into creating them is really fantastic. Funko has come a long way since the beginning! I am very particular about the Pops that I do get so my Star Wars collection isn't very large compared to others. My buying motto is, "If I die, I buy.". Meaning, if I'm absolutely in love with something and can't stop thinking about it, than I buy it. It works out really well and keeps me from spending too much! Because you know, there's so many other things to collect!


Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP! | Anakin And His Angel

I think the figures look perfect in the box so I like to keep them that way. Doing this also makes them easier to stack on top of each other, which saves display space. I have contemplated many times opening them, but I can never make up my mind! The only reason BB-8 is out and about is because I accidentally stepped on the box almost right after I brought him home. Yeah, don't ask! I was horrified and almost went to buy another one but then decided he was rather cute looking and my husband actually really wanted him displayed outside of the box (he has his own little collection of opened Pops!). Although my figures are kept safe in the box, I am always looking out for immaculate paint jobs! I will go through multiple figures to find the perfect one. In case you couldn't already tell, I'm a really picky collector!


Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP! | Anakin And His Angel

Star Wars ComLINKS: Collection - Funko POP! | Anakin And His Angel

My absolute favorites are Queen Amidala (purchased at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim), Unmasked Vader (ordered online), and Captain Phasma Chrome (from the first Smuggler's Bounty Box). I don't know yet what I'm going to do with my extra Captain Phasma. I was thinking of taking her out since she's an extra but I also might trade her for another one. I do have some on my "wants list" including
K-3PO, the Imperial Guard, and the Sandtrooper/Dewback set.


Are you a Funko Pop collector? Which figures are you hoping to add to your collection?

2 comments

  1. Every time I see the Funko figures, I am so tempted to get one but I KNOW that if I do, I won't be able to stop myself. The thing is I should just bite the bullet and do it because it is going to happen eventually. But I have bought some Funkos for friends/family as gifts and they love them!

    If I were to get some, I think I would want to collect variations of Imperial & First Order soldiers/officers. Actually, come to think of it, I AM gonna get the General Hux Funko because I just think he is pretty rad.

    Thanks for sharing your collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. You totally need the General Hux figure! I think it'd be cool to collect a certain group of figures too, like you mentioned.

      Doooo it!

      Delete